Thursday, March 31, 2011

Taco Crockpot Chicken Recipe

And I use the term "recipe" loosely... I rarely measure ingredients, but rather tend to throw a little of this, a dash of that into a pot and turn it into dinner. Hopefully that doesn't throw you off if try to copy a recipe. Just add the ingredients to your "taste" and it should turn out fine.

Taco Crockpot Chicken

Ingredients:
Chicken (Any type, but whatever you use boneless, skinless will be easiest) - I used boneless, skinless thighs.
Chili Powder
Minced Onion
Garlic Powder
Onion Powder
Cumin
Red Pepper Flakes
Oregano
Salt
Pepper
Water

Put the chicken in the bottom of the crockpot. Throw in the spices until you feel like there's enough flavor on the chicken. (I warned you!) Add water until it almost covers the chicken. Stir. Set the crockpot to cook on low for 6-8 hours or high if you have less time. (Not sure how long it will need on high so just make sure to check to be sure the meat is cooked before you dig in if you choose to use the high setting!)

When the chicken is done you can shred it (It practically falls apart anyway!) and put it on a salad or put it into taco or tortilla shells with other taco type toppings and enjoy! It's also great if you serve it with a little cilantro lime rice (just cook rice and then refry it with cilantro, lime juice and salt thrown in. Yum!)

I ate mine on salad with a little olive oil and lime juice as dressing and Josh had his on a tortilla with various toppings.

For Josh's lunch the next day I threw some of the chicken into a lidded dish with leftover rice, frozen corn, chopped onions, raw milk cheddar cheese, salsa and homemade plain yogurt (made with raw cow milk) instead of sour cream. He said it was tasty!

If you give this recipe a try I'd love to hear how it worked for you and what you thought. Oh, and feel free to ask me any questions you might have too.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, and sorry I don't have pictures, but I didn't know I was posting this recipe until all the deliciousness had been gobbled up and was in our stomachs!

    ReplyDelete