Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Random

I'm one of those people that keeps many tabs open in my browser until I've had a chance to write about them, forward, save, etc., etc. Josh thinks I'm nutso and that it's my own fault when my computer slows down or goes wonky. I say it's the price I have to pay for saving such valuable information. I'm a real martyr like that. No need to thank me.

One of my Facebook friends posted a status update that I really thought was inspiring. I'll copy it here:

... that the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang the best. Do not wait; the time will never be 'just right'. Start where you are, work with whatever is at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along.

How awesome is that?! The day I read this I was feeling pretty down on myself about my jewelry design because I had shown it at a festival and didn't sell a single piece! Many people loved the designs and commented on them, but not one single person made a purchase! I understood that it was more of a family festival and not a craft festival and that most people weren't looking to spend a lot of money, but I still felt pretty down about not making any sales. Then I read this and I realized that the festival was a learning experience. (I already knew that, but this quote really made me think about it.) I didn't have a wide range of prices on my products. Maybe if I had some lower priced items I would have sold some things. I'm thinking that I will try to add some inexpensive (but still quality) earrings, bracelets and necklaces to my designs. That way when I'm at an event like the one last weekend I'll have jewelry to appeal to a wider range of people. I'm taking this bit of knowledge gained as one of those "better tools" found as I go along.

No comments:

Post a Comment