Friday, October 9, 2009

Busy Life & a Trip to Look Forward Too

Life seems to be busier than normal lately. Since the beginning of August we have been on the go (either me and E as a duo or the whole family) almost every weekend! Since August 1st I've made two trips to my parents house (a 4.5 hour drive each direction), a trip to Plymouth, MA to visit my friend Anne, two trips to Virginia Beach and one trip to Josh's parent's (a 3 hour drive). The few weekends we have been home we've had a wedding to go to, family visiting from out of town and housework to catch up on. Needless to say I feel like I rarely spend any time at home anymore! We have one more trip to visit my in-laws this weekend. Then we have a weekend at home with NOTHING scheduled. Later this month we have a visit from my sister-in-law (Which I'm REALLY looking forward to!) and then another free weekend before we make another trip to my in-laws for the weekend (Nov. 5-8).

For our November trip to the in-laws we get to do something a little different! We will get there on Thursday night, spend two nights with them, but on Saturday morning we leave our little man for the first overnight without us. (I'm a little nervous, but know he'll do fine and that my mother and father-in-law will take great care of him.) Josh and I are going to The Homestead in Hot Springs, VA to celebrate the two year anniversary of our engagement. The Homestead has always been a special place to Josh and as a young man he dreamed of someday proposing to his wife on the resort grounds. In November of 2007 Josh took me to the resort for an afternoon of strolling the grounds and dinner at one of the fancy restaurants. While we were there he proposed, I said, "yes", and the rest is wonderful history. We decided to go back this fall and spend the night and make it a delayed celebration of our wedding anniversary as well as our two year engagement anniversary. We had a three month old baby for our first wedding anniversary and didn't really do anything to celebrate so we are really looking forward to this!

I should end this post and get some things accomplished around the house before E wakes up from his morning nap. We leave later this evening for our weekend away and I have a lot I need to accomplish before then. (Shower, gym, dentist appointment, packing, cleaning... sigh...)

No comments:

Post a Comment